Monday, March 7, 2011

Personal Trainers kick my butt!

  On Feb. 24th Rich and I had separate sessions with a personal trainer. Don't start thinking that I'm wealthy though because Gold's Gym gives you a free session when you join. The PT (personal trainer) did a health assessment to judge what I need to lose and how healthy I actually am. I turned 30 on March 4th but according to my fitness age I'm really 49. I have gotten a sick enjoyment of telling people that they need to be nicer to me because I'm WAY older than them now.
  After I was done with my session and it was Rich's turn I jumped on a treadmill and slowly walked just to keep my muscles loose. While this may sound like a good idea I found out the hard way that stepping off of a treadmill after it's turned off is a lot harder than it looks. I gracefully fell off of it but I did catch myself before I did a total face plant and embarrassed myself more than I already had. I'm awesome like that. Clutziness runs in my family. Just ask my mother's neck.
  The day after it hurt to move. Not because of my falling but because the trainer kicked my butt. Rich wanted to go to the gym again but I refused since I was having trouble even getting out of bed. He was concerned that I was going to give up and never want to go to the gym again. He forgets how stubborn and determined that I can get.
  I have been working out Mondays thru Fridays since and I have lost 3 pounds since my weigh in on the 24th. I am going to weigh myself every Wednesday and I will post every pound that I lose or gain until I hit 130 pounds. If I can do this in a year or less I will be beyond happy. If it takes me over a year I won't beat myself up but I will try that much harder to lose the last few pounds.
  Periodically I will talk about my friends and my day to day interactions with them but lets face it. A blog is a very self centered thing and I have no problem with being self centered occasionally
:)