Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No more Jersey Shore drinking games

  I love the Jersey Shore. I have to say that. It's a train wreck of a show with a few really horrible people who have no redeeming qualities what so ever. I'm obsessed with it and I watch it every week. I would never say that it's an intellectually stimulating show or that the world is made better by this show existing. What I am saying is that for an hour I can giggle and holler at the TV while half in the bag.
  Yes. I drink while watching the Jersey Shore. Sometimes I'm already drunk when I watch it. We have had friends over to drink just to watch it. Why? It makes the show that much better. The cast is easier to understand when you aren't as coherent and the show makes more sense for some reason.
  So now while I try to lose all of this weight I have to cut back on alcohol. With the exception of family togetherness (who doesn't drink when they have to deal with family?) I'm not drinking. I don't need the empty calories or the hangover right now. Damn. There goes my weekly event.
  Cutting out alcohol isn't hard for everyone but when you live in Wisconsin (a state centered around beer and the Packers) it's harder then it sounds. I'm not a raging alcoholic by any means but when someone or something tells me NO I will fight it until the bitter end.  This whole diet and exercise is going to alter my life more than I even thought. While I did realize that I couldn't eat an entire bag of chips in a sitting I didn't think about the fact that I really couldn't go out for a drink with friends after work.
  I need to change my mind set on my life in general. Scary huh?

No comments: